Wednesday 30 November 2016

Art Into The Future


The exciting thing about being an emerging artist, is that it's down to you to anticipate how your work will fit in to a future world. There are current, mainstream artists whose work is everywhere, and their work is 'Art Now'. It's contemporary. Also, however, is the work being produced by today's emerging contemporary artists.

It's interesting to contemplate a future world, a future society, and how we as artists will shape that change. We shape it by dreaming it, by designing it, by painting it. What sort of future do we want?

Picture the scene. Feel the atmosphere. Just put it out there. Our thoughts create the reality we live in. 

My work is big, energetic, strong, colourful, vibrant, positive, playful and sensual. 

I envision a world where these are the qualities and characteristics promoted by a successful economy and culture. I do this because that's the reality I believe in, and as an artist I feel a resounding calling to manifest it. I believe in power, but one of celebration, not oppression. 



Preparing work for exhibition at The Island, Bristol, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment